Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Long Saturday!

Today was tough. Mom stayed in bed for 2 days sleeping. Yesterday she was up and weak but she walked a few steps and then I had to push her. I get there this morning at 7:45 am and she is sick again! When she is sick she talks in her sleep a lot and sometimes answers herself. She hallucinates a lot when she is sick. I must have seen a hundred babies today, they were everywhere! She was pointing at the ceiling, the floor, the tv, and all over that room. 

This morning she kept saying she could hear Newton, my brother in the hall way. She called his name several times for almost an hour. She was giving me a stomachache. Later I was me, Patty, Crystal, and Randy. She was asking one of them, "where are you". It was "Where are you Patty. Are you coming home?" The same with Crystal asking "Where are you Crystal? Are you mad at me? Are you speaking to me? I didn't mean to make you mad I was just asking a question!" She would call out Randy's name and ask him if he went to church, then she would say, "I didn't know you were mad at me and the church. I'm sorry! I didn't know! I just love you!" She would call out my name and say, "Are you ready to take me home? I need to get home to see if the kids and Elbert (dad) are there. They might be mad at me. I don't know what I did this time." She just kept talking about us going home to the kids and dad. I had a hard time trying not to cry. 

If only my siblings understood that mom knows they are missing from her life. But they wouldn't believe me. They would accuse me of putting them on a guilt trip. Mom needs to have hugs, to sit beside her and hold her hand, let her feel your presence there. They wouldn't understand. Almost everyday she asks me to stay with her until we both die. I promise never to leave her. She says "don't you die first and leave me alone." I stayed 12 hours one day this week, and I started to stay another 12 today. Her breathing treatments scare her. I wanted to be there for the next one but my spouse called and asked me to come home. Just another night of crying myself to sleep. 
Changing the subject, I worked on my new hat design for almost an hour this morning, I made my square of the day, and I worked on my Valentine baskets! Check out these 2 pictures! I now have 62 baskets!

There is only 1 end to weave in! It should be quick to do that!

Maybe I can do another 40 tomorrow!
I still would like to put a white bow on it! 
Call me crazy!

Here is today's square. 
I still have a little bit of orange left! I'm trying to use that skein up!
I am trying to use up all my odds and ends of skeins! 
Hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment