Friday, February 18, 2011

"I want to go to heaven".

Mom is missing her family. For 2 weeks she has been begging me to take her home. She wants to see all her kids. Its odd she doesn't mention dad but she does think I'm dad at least once a day. The cna's on different shifts asks if she has a lot of kids. She keeps talking about wanting to go home to see them. Its killing me. She misses her children, the hugs and kisses are missing from her life, their voices, the laughter. She sounds so desperate. It hurts to listen to her. I can't even comfort her.

This morning mom said, "I want to go to heaven, please let me go to heaven, can I go to heaven, will you go to heaven with me?"She was so obsessed and serious. I held her hands and said, "I will go to heaven with you mom. We can go to heaven together." She said, "Sharon you are so special, I love you. Please don't die, please don't leave me." 

This afternoon she asked to go home again. She wants to see her children so badly. I can't even get that message across to my siblings. They wouldn't get it. They would accuse me of making it up.  I hate it when she begs! I realize they may not be able to handle her in this condition or the "scary" nursing home. Its just full of people who need hugs and love. 

On a crochet front I found a free pattern for a slouchy hat last night. Its so cute and very easy to make! I almost finished it today but mom walked a lot today. I will finish it tomorrow at the nursing home. 

Here's the link.


I've got to make a caring hat (chemo hat) tonight. A patient came in this afternoon with a bald head so I want to have a hat to give to her tomorrow.

Here is my square of the day:






No comments:

Post a Comment