Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hemoptysis

Nurse was giving mom her meds this morning. She said last night mom coughed up what they call "coffee grinds". I have never heard of such a thing. She said its when they cough up a substance I guess it looks like coffee grinds. Its a sign of bleeding inside. I panicked inside but stayed calm outside for the nurse. I sat there for almost fifteen minutes trying to calm down. I didn't want to text my siblings and tell them this. I went online on my cell and typed in Google, "coughing up coffee grinds". I was amazed I got several hits. It is called Hemoptysis. I texted my siblings and they too panicked. I gave them the info and that's all I could do!

I got my square made for the day and that was it! Mom was roaming everywhere today! 


No comments:

Post a Comment