Monday, January 3, 2011

No walking today!

Mom must me catching what I have had for the past 4 days. She was very tired this morning so I laid her down for a nap. I had to wake her to eat lunch! I was crocheting very slow. I really wanted to lay down with mom and sleep too! Instead I made my square for the day and started a hat!

I was gone Saturday and Sunday from the nursing home. It's so great to be loved! All my "dirty old men" let me know they missed me! There's just something special about walking through the the NH and hearing, "Hey beautiful", or "I missed you", or "your late!", or "hi good looking!". I love hanging out with all the men and women. They teach me something new every week I am here!

On a crochet note I made my usual square from "Dayna's Crochet" and I changed the color combinations just to see how it would look! It does not look like Dayna's pinwheel square! I'm not sure if I like it! Check this out!


Really looks different!


1 comment:

  1. This is Beautiful. can you share the pattern I like this one it's stand's out and say's Look at me and it get's your attition LOL. I like it.

    as for the Dirty Old Men, they are far an few of them left. and the stories they can tell from day's in the past are amazing that is for the ones that can remember. you know you might remind them of a daughter or sister or a wife, they must be lonely if no one come's to see them. that is so sad. questiosn is What will you do after your mother passes on after all this time going and seeing all these people putting a bit of joy into their live's. will you stop going? I know you have to move on with your life but you will have a big void spot when she goes.

    ReplyDelete