Monday, January 17, 2011

Got to Crochet!

Mom didn't feel good today. She needed to rest a lot. I got in some crochet time. I would much rather have her up and walking! While I was working on my new Valentine's Day hat there was a knock on mom's door. It was one of the male residents, he asked me if I was married cause he was looking for a girlfriend. He wasn't looking for sex just someone to give him hugs and kisses. Plus help take care of him! Inside I was amused but didn't want to hurt his feelings so I told him I had been married forever! Which is true! 35 years! (I don't know how that happened!) He went away disappointed.
There's a bunch of "old dirty men" at the nursing home! Don't mean that in a bad way! Its just that some of them swoon when I turn the corner! I get two marriage proposals a month. It doesn't help that I speak to them every single time I pass them. Most of them don't have family, I am the only one they get to talk to besides other residents. 

I also have many women friends too. They get sad easily. They wish I was their daughter. Some have no one to visit them. Some wish their daughters would just come see them. Its a sad place but I try to speak to everyone when I pass them or see them down the hallway.

So sorry I don't know how I got on that subject! On a crochet note I was able to make Christmas gifts for almost 50 people that live on Mom's hall! Next year I will have gifts for the entire nursing home! 

I couldn't find my yarn needle! Its always on my desk! I guess I lost it last night!

1 comment: